Best Toaster Oven 2017 – Top Rated Toaster Ovens and Reviews
Toaster ovens are really some of the most convenient appliances to keep in your kitchen. They are smaller than conventional ovens and take much less time to preheat.
They come in a variety of brands and sizes, from mini toaster ovens that are good for RV trips (and space saver for home use) to large toaster ovens that can be great for baking cakes.
In this article, we will provide you the honest reviews for the best toaster oven 2017, top rated toaster ovens on the market now, and also provide a very detailed buying guide that help you choose the best one.
*Below, you can read more our detailed reviews.
And we also provide some most popular toaster oven brands for your consideration here, let's check :
What is the Best Toaster Oven 2017 for You ?
Let's read detailed reviews for our 3 choices from the list of 6 most ratings toaster ovens in comparison table above.
1. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, 1800 W, Stainless Steel
This is a solid, high class entry on this list. The Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven is definitely the pricier option on the list, but that price comes with a load of benefits in comparison to other options. It also has the high ratings from tons of customers.
- The main draw of this toaster oven is the options included in its control panel. These include automatic settings for specific foods, much like a microwave.
- The LCD display panel is also great with a large temperature read and timer.
- Finally, the 1800 watt put out is much higher than most toaster ovens, which allows for more cooking options.
- Its size can be a bit unwieldy.
- More expensive than other toaster ovens.
The Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven itself looks more like a microwave than a toaster oven. This is because it has built-in flash Xpress technology, which uses infrared heating to cook food faster than most toaster ovens.
- Interior light that can be turned on and off.
- Heats quickly in comparison to most toaster ovens (no preheating).
- Compact size for convenience.
- The design can be unattractive.
- Location of control panel beneath the door can make it difficult if you want to control options while the door is open.
3. BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S 6-Slice Digital Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Includes Bake Pan, Broil Rack & Toasting Rack, Stainless Steel Digital Convection Toaster Oven
The primary feature of this BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S 6-Slice Digital Convection Countertop Toaster Oven comes with its convection technology. The technology makes it so toasted goods are cooked evenly and easy to put in and take out. Another interesting feature is its curve design stainless steel interior.
- The nice design provides fashion and function.
- Convenient compact size.
- Does not come with functions outside of toasting and basic baking.
- Lack of temperature indicator requires guesswork.
Benefits of a Good Toaster Oven
- Whatever toaster oven you choose to place in your kitchen, they generally provide the same benefits. What makes a toaster oven so great is that it has plenty of functionality outside of toasting and can be used as a healthy way to make basic foods.
- Many times if we want to heat things quickly we opt for frying. The oven normally takes too long to preheat. What is the best thing about a toaster oven is that it is an inexpensive way to heat food in a way that is healthy without having to wait too long for it to preheat.
- Additionally, they are normally energy efficient and they come in a wide range of brands. You can even go online to shop for the many options that are available. They are overall a great versatile appliance to have in the kitchen as a convenient way to heat your food.
- Apart from heating ready-made food, the toaster oven can be used for broiling or for baking cakes. These options make it different from a microwave oven that can usually only be used to heat food. Instead of having to bake or broil an entire serving, you can cut down the recipe to cook for yourself thanks to the toaster oven’s convenient size.
- Last but not least, these things are designed for convenience. They almost always come with a built in crumb tray and non-stick coating. This makes cleanup easy after cooking our meal. You will no longer have to wait hours for a self-cleaning oven to finish.
Our Top Picks !
Most Popular Toaster Oven Brands
How to Choose A Best Toaster Oven
Once you have weight the benefits that a toaster oven has to offer, you will then have to decide on which toaster oven you want to buy and use for your family.
Choosing a toaster oven takes a lot of consideration simply due to the fact that there is such a wide range of options to choose from. In order to choose your perfect toaster oven, you will have to consider the following.
- 1. DESIGN
- 2. FUNCTION
- 3. VOLUME
- 4. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- This is cosmetic decision rather than a functional one. However, as humans we tend to go for looks first before deciding whether or not we like the features within the option.
- As a result, your design choice will be the first part of your decision. There are many things to consider, such as stainless steel interior versus ceramic. You will also have to decide if you want a mounted versus standing countertop model.
- This is the second and obvious decision that goes into choosing your new toaster oven. A toaster oven that has a lot of functions tends to be pricier, while the simpler ones can be a bit difficult to use for a wide range of things.
- You will have to weigh the costs and benefits of getting a toaster oven for more or less. It really boils down to how you will use your toaster oven and how often.
- This is a pretty significant final decision you will want to make and falls under the above categories. Your decision on your toaster oven depends on how you and your family will be using it.
- This means if your family will be demanding a lot for breakfast in the morning, you should choose a larger volume toaster oven.
- The same goes for choosing a toaster oven that can handle cooking appetizers if you are going to be hosting parties.
- There are some final considerations to take into account that don’t necessary fall under the above categories.
- For example, if you are planning on travelling with your toaster oven as in cooking for RV trips, you will want to make some considerations into the other features that don’t necessarily add to functionality.
- A good example of an added feature is a removable tray. When you are on the road, you will need to have a toaster oven that can be cleaned easily with what little you have on hand. A tray will provide that benefit.
How to Use a Toaster Oven
It might take a while to bring yourself to the final decision on the toaster oven you will want to buy. After finally deciding on your choice, there comes the time to actually use the toaster oven you have purchased.
Many toaster ovens come with a wide range of functionalities, but they all share the same basic concepts.
Know Your Temperatures and Preheat Accordingly
- Toaster ovens are convenient little machines that tend to vary greatly in wattage and heating. This means you should always know the maximum temperature of your oven. Many have displays that make this convenient.
- Always preheat your oven before popping something inside to ensure even cooking. The best thing to do is to turn on your oven to its highest temperature as soon as you get it. When the light finally turns off, you know it has hit its maximum temperature. This will help you time how long you will have to preheat in the future.
Toasting Versus Baking
- After you have finished preheating, you will have to decide what you want to do with your toaster oven. 90% of the time you will be using it to toast bread. Those toaster ovens that do not have a function for toasting bread will require trial and error to come out with the perfect piece of toast.
- Baking, on the other hand, is much more complicated. If you plan on baking, you should always pay close attention to the temperature of your oven as many recipes will require specific temperatures.
- The convenience that comes with a toaster oven is being able to cut down on portion size considerably and make things personal. However, you will have to adjust your cooking times and temperatures according to the reductions you’ve made in the recipe.
- However you decide to cook your food, the toaster oven more than likely has functions that relate to whatever you are cooking. You will have to take special care with these functions to make sure they are appropriate for your food.
- First of all, you should always refer to the recipe for specific instructions. While your toaster oven says “Pizza” there are a whole set of shapes, sizes, and thicknesses of pizza (or bagel,...) to look at. Referring to the recipe or cooking instructions will usually have references for these settings.
- Functions almost never have the specifics on the button itself. That means you will need to keep the manual for the toaster oven nearby to so you can know how the function works. That means you can refer to the manual to know exactly what temperature (or temperatures) “Cake” means for your toaster oven.
- It goes without saying that safety should be your utmost priority when cooking at any time. A toaster oven may be an inexpensive convenient little appliance, but that does not mean they are not dangerous if used improperly. Many reach 400 or 500 degrees!
- When you open and close the door while checking on your food, you should always use a cloth to avoid burns. The outside might not seem hot, but you never know. In addition, never touch the sides or the top of the oven while it is hot.
- This goes double for the control panel itself. Many people do not realize that the entire surface of an oven can get hot. The heating problem can vary wildly between toaster ovens, however. Usually cheaper toaster ovens tend to have more hot spots.
See this video for more advice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I cook right when I take my toaster oven out of the box ?
No. As with any appliance you should always clean all parts before using it, especially those that will come in contact with food.
Do I always have to preheat my toaster oven?
Preheating is a safety precaution to make sure food is cooked evenly and lowers the chances of foodborne illnesses; however it is not always necessary. For example, toast can be pretty easily gauged for readiness while cooking.
What’s the difference between a high end and a budget toaster oven?
Functionally, they are both the same. However, in terms of performance and features, higher price toasters will definitely be a better option to ensure accurate temperatures and more features for more convenient baking. If you are on a tight budget, just choose one under $100, or under $50. It still has enough basic features.
Toaster ovens are great, inexpensive modern conveniences that can be used for a variety of situations. Your options online are endless and really only depend on your budget and comparisons to decide between brands on the market.
The above are some of the best toaster oven 2017 - top rated toaster ovens and reviews for your consideration. Buying a toaster oven can be a daunting task with the amount of options you have while searching where to buy a toaster oven that is perfect for you.
However, it does not have to be a chore when you already have 6 of the best options right here, with buying guide very detailed and useful for you.