Best Gas Grills 2018, Top Rated Products and Reviews
Gas grills have become a basic outdoor cooking equipment that most of us are willing to spend money for.
I bet you’d agree that the appetizing flavor of your seared steaks, grilled veggies, and meat, burgers and hotdogs come from a reliable and efficient a gas grill. But which gas grill best suits your cooking needs?
You’d surely be overwhelmed with a lot of gas grills in the market. And we’d be glad to give you the best gas grills 2018 comprehensive review to help you find your ultimate grilling partner !
7 Best Gas Grills 2018 in The Market
We’ve narrowed down your choices with our list of the seven best gas grills in the market. Our detailed and unbiased reviews will definitely assist you in finding the best choice !
1. Weber 47510001 Spirit E310 Natural Gas Grill, Black
Are you planning to roast a 20-pound turkey on summer vacation? Well, the Weber Spirit E310 is more than just a griller.
Because it offers a total capacity of 529 square inches cooking space, you’ll have enough room to grill veggies and meat and even roast a 20-pound turkey at the same time!
The porcelain-enamel coated cast iron cooking grates provide superior heat retention which keeps the heat evenly distributed. You’ll grill your favorite dishes in no time!
- It provides enough room for grilling.
- Durable and easy to clean
- Offers superior heat retention
- Designed with Flavorizer bars that help enhance the flavor of the food
- Heats up quickly
- Has built-in wheels
- The paint on some parts of the grill peel off easily
2. Weber 46510001 Spirit E310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Black
The only difference between this Weber Spirit E310 and the first Weber grill in our list is the type of fuel it uses. It uses a liquid propane while the first one uses natural gas.
Propane is actually the most common type of fuel used on many gas grills. Another advantage of propane is that you’re free to bring it around with the gas grill.
So, you can take this Weber grill and place it anywhere in your backyard.
- It uses liquid propane that is refillable and easy to use.
- Excellent build
- Three-burner gas grill
- Provides enough room for grilling and serving dishes
- Offers superior heat retention; heats up quickly
- Great for searing; cooks the food excellently
- Easy to assemble
- Some parts start flaking
3. Blackstone 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 4-burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality
The Blackstone flat top gas grill is one of the best-sellers and one of the most affordable gas grills you can find in the market. It showcases a sleek and compact design with four built-in wheels.
And because it’s also lightweight, you can use it around your yard and move it wherever you want to. So, if you’re looking for a compact and functional grill, the Blackstone flat grill must be your best option.
- Compact and lightweight
- Has wheels for enhanced mobility
- Features an expansive flat cooktop that provides enough room for more dishes
- Heats up quickly
- Evenly distributes the heat
- Keeps the juices in the food
- Easy to store and move around
- Some food becomes too greasy; doesn’t have a grease pan
4. Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner
If you need an additional workspace for warming up the sauces or frying more dishes, the Char-broil classic 4-burner gas features a side burner that would surely be useful for catering more guests at home.
The porcelain-coated grates are rust-resistant and make the grilling less messy. It’s easy to clean!
- Features a side burner for an additional workplace
- Has two wheels for enhanced mobility
- Has a stainless steel lid for keeping the heat
- One-push ignition
- Porcelain-coated grates are easy to clean and rust-resistant
- Provides even heat; heats up quickly
- Sturdy construction
- The rubber bumpers on the hood could melt if the heat gets too high
5. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill- Stainless
The Char Broil 475 4-burner is somewhat similar with the Char Broil classic gas grill. It also offers a side burner that provides extra space for cooking.
The two wheels make the grill much easier to move around your backyard.
As you check the parts thoroughly, the grates are porcelain-coated cast iron that is rust-resistant, durable, and easy to clean.
The swing-away rack also provides additional room for the other dishes. So, you can fill the grill up with your dishes and serve them to your family and friends in no time.
- Has side burner for additional cooking area
- Rust-resistant and durable porcelain-coated grates
- Has a swing-away rack for secondary cooking area
- Features electronic ignition system for fast start-ups
- Designed with two wheels for increased mobility
- Heats up quickly and provides even heat
- Some parts of the grill easily rust
- Difficult to assemble
Benefits of a Good Gas Grill
You might be pondering about investing in a good gas grill. But, is it really worth it ?
Yes, definitely ! A gas grill can be very convenient in many simple ways, especially when you need a reliable grilling partner for a lovely dinner or a backyard barbecue party with your family and friends.
What are the advantages of using a gas grill, then?
- A good gas grill heats up quickly and lets you grill your favorite dishes in no time.
- It provides optimal and even heat that makes the grilled dishes perfectly cooked with a savory smoke flavor.
- Unlike grilling over charcoal, cooking with a gas grill is much easier when it comes to temperature control. You can turn the fire up and down depending on the temperature you prefer for every dish. And if you’re done, you can just turn it off with just a flip and switch!
- The operation is less messy.
- It can provide enough space and a wide range of burners to grill all your favorite dishes.
- It is versatile and highly functional that lets you grill or fry dishes on a pan at the same time.
- It gives out an authentic smoke flavor that everyone wishes for a grilled dish.
- Most gas grills provide extended side tables that serve as countertops for the plates and other cooking tools.
- It showcases an elegant design that complements your backyard or home exterior.
- Most gas grills are engineered with wheels for enhanced mobility.
Mentioned above are just some of the advantages of using a good gas grill. And if you buy one for yourself, you’d probably get more benefits than these!
How to Choose a Gas Grill
Before you head out to the store and get yourself a good gas grill, here are some factors you have to consider first.
1. HEAT DISTRIBUTION
Uncontrollable temperature is one of the major reasons why you’ve given up grilling over charcoal. And that’s how a gas grill makes a difference.
Unlike charcoal grilling, a gas grill produces even heat that allows you to grill your favorite dishes at an optimal temperature or in what way you prefer such as roasting, baking, or frying.
So if you’re browsing through gas grills, look for high-quality grids, preferably stainless steel. It is a sturdy material that has the ability to hold and contain heat.
2. NUMBER OF BURNERS
The more burners the grill has, the bigger the size is. While considering this factor, you should know how much food and how often you usually grill.
The area size should also be greatly assessed as the grills with more burners are too big or bulky and might consume too much space.
Make sure that the construction is sturdy and reliable for long periods of time. The best ones are made of stainless steel. You should also thoroughly check the grates and see if they are rust-resistant or not prone to chipping or flaking.
Heavy-duty and high-quality construction mean superior heat retention. So, if the grill is cheaply-made, it could only last for less than a year or probably just for a few months. That’ll be a waste of money!
4. FUEL TYPE
It can either be natural gas or propane. Propane, on the other hand, is the most common type of fuel on most gas grills. It is refillable, easy to set up, and can be placed anywhere. Hence, portable and easy to store.
The other type is natural gas. Although it is not as common as the propane, many consumers still opt for natural gas as you can use it endlessly without the need to refill.
But because you need to connect it to the gas plumbing of your house, you’re not free to move it anywhere you like.
5. GAS GRILL TYPE
Gas grills come in different types. It can be built-in, portable, or stand alone. You should know you’re cooking needs or how you’re planning to use it.
Stand-alone gas grills are often designed with wheels to increase mobility while portable gas grills are compact and travel-friendly. But if you prefer to install a gas grill on a certain spot on your house, you can go with built-in.
Investing in a gas grill is no joke. You may need to spend a few bucks to get the best grilling equipment for your home.
However, these gas grills come with different price tags and some may be too pricey while the others are just at a reasonable price. You should know your budget first to know how much money you’re willing to spend.
Best Gas Grill Brands
- Weber Gas Grill
- Char Broil Gas Grill
- Dyna-Glo Gas Grill
- Napoleon Gas Grill
- Coleman Gas Grill
How to Use a Gas Grill
If it’s your first time to use a gas grill, you should make yourself familiar with how to use it. If you don’t use it the proper way, you’ll definitely end up with nothing but burned dishes and a messy grill.
But the worst is your safety could be at risk. Proper safety precaution is a must.
Here are some tips on how to use it.
Make sure the gas line or the tube is securely connected and has no cracks or any damages. You can use water with soap to check if there are any leaks.
Once you put it on the tube and bubbles appear, there could be leaks. In that case, don’t use your grill. Safety first!
If the gas line is already secured, light up the grill. Some grills have one-push ignition for fast and reliable start-ups.
When the flames come out, preheat your grill. Once you get the desired heat or temperature for your dishes, you can place them on the grill.
The knobs will allow you to adjust the heat if it gets too high or too low. You don’t want a half-cooked or burnt food!
When you’re done, switch the valve off and close it tightly. If your grill has a lid, cover the grill up to avoid dust, insects, and other harmful elements to get inside your grill.
Clean it up afterward to prevent the grates and the other parts from rust.
Serve your food. Enjoy!
As we have gone through every factor of finding the perfect gas grill, the benefits, the top 7 list, and the easy ways to use it, have you jotted down your favorite picks? It’s not easy, though.
You’ve got to consider your cooking needs and quality standards and the equipment’s quality overview and capability.
That’s why our ultimate review of the best gas grills 2018 provides useful information that will help you find the exceptionally functional gas grill for your home at the most reasonable prices.
But if you have any concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to share them with us!